Enjoying autumn with fresh ingredients - a real Modern Country dinner from the Feuerhand Pyron Plate.
Preparing a complete dish on the grill - is that possible? You bet: The Pyron Plate has the perfect design to prepare various dishes in a refined and gentle way. Our recipe for a complete barbecue menu gives you a real highlight on the plate with simple ingredients.
Once the Pyron is fired up, it's quick and you can start grilling right away. Therefore, prepare the marinades first. It is best to start with the meat, because it should be marinated the longest.
Beef in hoisin-garlic marinade
The beef should be given a lovely spicy touch. Hoisin sauce is especially popular in Chinese and Vietnamese cuisine. It gives the meat a spicy seasoning with a slightly sweet note, making it the perfect base for the barbecue marinade. This is the highlight of your culinary menu. Therefore, make sure that your meat is of good organic quality.
The beef should later be seared hot on the Pyron Plate. Make use of the different temperature zones of the plate. The closer you place your food to the firebox opening, the higher the temperature. Before you prepare your barbecue menu, treat your plate with heat-resistant oil so that your food does not burn so quickly. Sear the meat close to the center of the plancha and then place it a little further to the outer edge of the plate for re-cooking.
- 400 g organic beef
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 chili pepper
- 4 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp sugar brown
- some (freshly squeezed) orange juice.
How to prepare:
- Peel the garlic cloves, press them through a garlic press and put them in a shallow dish with the meat.
- Cut open the chili pepper, remove the seeds, chop one half and also add to the shallow dish with the beef.
- Mix the hoisin sauce with the soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil. Season with the orange juice, pour over the meat and fold in well.
- Cover the dish and let sit at room temperature for about an hour.
Rosemary Potato Wedges
Healthier than fries, but twice as delicious, are homemade potato wedges. You don't need much - and you don't have to peel them. Especially with young potatoes, you can simply leave the skin on.
Place the potato wedges on the outside of the Pyron Plate, where the heat is optimal for this typical country vegetable. Be sure to turn them regularly.
- 4 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. rosemary
How to prepare:
- Carefully wash or peel potatoes and cut into small quarters.
- In a bowl, drizzle the potato wedges with enough oil and season with pepper, salt and rosemary.
- Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
The grilled potato wedges go well with a fresh herb curd/sour cream or homemade garlic mayonnaise.
Carrots in honey mustard marinade
Carrots should also get a tangy-sweet marinade. After peeling the carrots, leave some of the greens as a special eye-catcher. This not only looks really fresh, it is also practical. The carrots are easier to grasp and turn on the Pyron Plate with the grill tongs.
At best, place the carrots in the middle zone of the plate. You can decide if you still like them nice and crunchy or if you want to let them cook through a little longer.
- 5-6 carrots (with carrot greens)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons medium hot mustard
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove
How to prepare:
- Peel the carrots and leave about 8 cm of the greens.
- Put honey with mustard in a bowl, add sesame oil and the soybean oil and mix well.
- Peel the garlic clove, press it through a garlic press and add it.
- Let the marinade sit for a bit, add the carrots and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
The Pyron Plate - grilling the traditional way with modern style
Your Pyron can now be fired. To do this, place it on a flat, heat-resistant surface and place a few logs of conventional firewood in the fire barrel up to a maximum of below the upper holes and light them. A little solid barbecue lighter will make it easier to get the flames going.
As soon as the fire is lit in the Pyron, you can put on the Pyron Plate . After a short time it is heated and ready for your barbecue specialties. During the grilling process, be careful to add fuel while wearing fireproof gloves to protect yourself and avoid flying sparks and ash. If you find that heating your food on the plancha is too fast, simply move it further out to the edge or wait until the fire has burned down a bit more. Add some bread and a fine white wine to complete your Modern Country barbecue meal.
Whether alone or in a social gathering, tasty moments are guaranteed when grilling on the Feuerhand Pyron Plate. In combination with the Pyron, it fits perfectly into the image of modern patio design and ensures cozy barbecue enjoyment even on colder days.